We are looking for Software Engineers who have experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and provisioning AWS resources programmatically. Additionally, software engineers with background in developing Terraform code and Chef cookbooks are most valuable.
Finally, Datadog experience is helpful. Candidates will be developing Terraform-based code to automatically provision AWS resources or to provision a whole AWS environment from scratch. Once the resources are provisioned, Chef will be utilized to assign workload to servers. All new servers need to be monitored by Datadog.
- Semi turn-key provisioning of AWS environments
- Overhauled monitoring solution in Datadog
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, code, test and debug technical solutions including complex components and in compliance with the defined engineering standards (Agile, SCRUM).
- Assist in facilitation of team and client meetings (Grooming, Planning, Demo, Retro and custom ones).
- Assist in skills development and supervision of junior staff.
- Estimate efforts required for project implementation and accomplish the tasks in compliance with a defined schedule. Enforce development deadlines and schedules.
- Take full responsibility for the implementation of project parts including work on the new projects. Resolve all development issues.
- Identify system and engineering process deficiencies, propose and implement solutions and process improvements. Contribute to and enforce software engineering standards.
- Work under minimal supervision and schedule own time to correspond to the overall development plan.
- Anticipate client needs before they arise and present solutions to technical and project management.
- 2 — 3+ years of industrial experience
- Strong experience with AWS Cloud
- Solid experience with Terraform and Chef
- Datadog experience (nice to have)
- Good Englih